If a queue is out of hours, the "Not available" message is not displayed in the legacy Chat application.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to System Definitions > Plugins.
- Activate the legacy Chat plugin.
- In the Application Navigator, type sys_properties.list in the Filter navigator field and press enter or return on your keyboard.
- Deactivate the following system properties:
- collaboration.frameset - false
- glide.connect.enabled - false
- glide.connect.support.enabled - false
- Navigate to Social IT > Chat Administration > Queues.
- Open the queue named Service Desk Chat.
- Set Schedule to out of hours.
For example, if today is a weekend set schedule 8-5 working days, since its means that the chat is not available and you are in out of hours trying to use the chat.
- Click Update.
- Impersonate System Administrator or itil user.
- Navigate to /ess (for example, https://<yourinstancename>.service-now.com/ess/).
- Click Service Desk Chat.
Note that the "Not Available" message is not displayed.
This issue is under review. If you are able to upgrade, check the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB933587