Show After function results in incorrect filter, if the client timezone differs from the system timezone. When the system and session timezones are set to Europe/London, an extra hour is added to the filter.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in a nydemo instance as administrator.
- Update the property glide.sys.default.tz to the value Europe/London.
- Use the cog wheel on the top right hand side of the interface to set the time/date to Both.
- Ensure that the timezone in the cog wheel interface is also set to Europe/London.
- Navigate to a record on the incident table and make an update.
- Log out and login as the admin user.
- Navigate to the incident table, order the records by sys_updated, and find the record updated in step 5.
- Use the context menu Show After.
Notice that an extra hour is added to the filter and no record is shown.
This problem has been reviewed by ServiceNow, and after carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, as well as the the cost and risk of attempting a fix, a decision has been made not to address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Related Problem: PRB664534