When the same record is open by two different users, and one user updates a checkbox field, the other user sees that as a real-time update. However, when this other user changes the same value and tries to save the record, the value does not get saved as expected.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open two different web browsers.
- With both of them, connect to the same OOB instance (istanbulpatch4).
- Login as two different users who belong to the same company.
- Open the same record (For example, any problem record).
- With user 1, update one field of the record (For example, enable the Knowledge checkbox) and save.
- Switch to the other browser.
- As user 2, the little blue icon appears next to the modified field and the value of the field is updated (For example, the Knowledge checkbox is enabled).
- As user 2, try to update the same field to its previous value (For example, disable the Knowledge checkbox) and save.
- The form is refreshed, but the value of the field is not updated (For example, the Knowledge checkbox is still enabled).
Possible workarounds on instances that can not be upgraded yet are the following:
- Disable live form features which includes disabling live form updates.
- Create an onChange Client Script that detects if the change is being done via Presence/Live and then set the value of the sys_original to the new value:
Table name: table_name
Field name: affected_boolean_field
Related Problem: PRB924635