If a requested item is ordered as part of an order guide, the Order Guide field on the Requested Item form should show the order guide name. However, when the request is submitted from Service Portal, the Order Guide field is empty.
Steps to Reproduce
In a Helsinki instance:
- Open the Service Portal home page.
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Can We Help You?
- Select New Hire (/sp?id=sc_cat_item_guide&sys_id=6690750f4f7b4200086eeed18110c761). This is an OOB Order Guide.
- Enter all mandatory fields.
- Click Submit. A small pop-up opens near the header: Created REQ0010011 - track using 'Requests' in the header or click here to view.
- Open this REQ and associated RITM.
In the RITM form, the Order Guide field is empty.
If this same request is submitted from Service Catalog (outside Service Portal), the Order Guide is populated correctly.
The only workaround available at this stage is to place the order from Service Catalog.
No workaround is available to use when placing order from Service Portal.
Related Problem: PRB714152