In Express, the Approve action on a Change Request skips the run-after approval rules and makes the related approval task no longer requested.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to an Express instance as administrator.
- Create a new approval rule (import the attached XML) Normal Change - 2nd Approval on a Normal Change Request for a certain category. Set it to run after the existing Normal Change - CAB Approval.
- Create a new Normal Change Request where the existing rule Normal Change - CAB Approval can trigger.
- Click on Request Approval.
- Log in as one of the change approvers who has access to the Approve context menu action.
- Open a change request list, right-click on the previously created change number, and select Approve.
Observe the change is in Approved state, with all the approval tasks in No Longer Required, and no pending run-after approval tasks.
This is expected behavior.
When a Change Request record is Approved directly, instead of going through its related approvers, all of the related approval rules will stop running, because the parent [task] record has been approved.
When right-clicking Approve from the Approvers related list instead, the record being approved is on [sysapproval_approver], and the approval rules, including the run-after, are executed as expected.
Related Problem: PRB755178