In Connect, there is inconsistent behavior for audio and desktop notifications. When desktop and audio notifications are set, notifications appear, disappear, and then appear again. Audio notifications are also inconsistent, especially when related to transfers.
Steps to Reproduce
- Activate the Connect Support plugin.
- Enable all support notifications.
- Open 2 internet browsers:
- On browser 1, log in as Abel Tuter
- On browser 2, log in as David Loo
- For both users, verify that notifications related to Connect are set.
- As David, open support queue in one tab.
- In a new tab, navigate to a web page outside of the ServiceNow instance (for example, www.google.com).
Leave this tab open and in focus.
- As Abel, start a support conversation in the HR support queue (/$chat_support.do?queueID=aeb40252d7133100816403548e610363).
Note that, as David, you do not receive an audio notification when Abel enters the queue.
This issue is fixed in the versions listed in the Fixed In section below.
The fix requires you to add the property glide.connect.support.enter_queue_audio_alert and set it to true.
- Navigate to System Properties > All Properties.
- Select New.
- In Name, type glide.connect.support.enter_queue_audio_alert.
- In Type, select true | false.
- In Value, select true.
- Click Submit.
Related Problem: PRB716841