Inbound email attachment file names are not being decoded before they are evaluated against the white list in glide.attachment.extensions.
Steps to Reproduce
- Set the system property glide.attachment.extensions to oft,pdf,jpeg.
- Send an email with attachments to the instance.
Note that the incoming email shows:
The following attachments were excluded due to illegal file extension: =?ISO-8859-1?B?bm90IGFu?= =?ISO-8859-1?B?bm95aW5nLnBk?= =?ISO-8859-1?B?Zg==?="
There are several workarounds available:
- Set the glide.attachment.extension property with value (empty). This prevents a comparison of the inbound attachment's filename with the encoded filename.
- Configure your email client to encoding of an attachment filename with names in the us-ascii character. Some email clients provide a level of control over encodings used. This is often difficult and requires some technical knowledge.
- Manually rename the attachment filenames to ascii before sending them.
Related Problem: PRB673936