When using custom watermark prefixes, inbound email actions do not identify a valid watermark as a reply.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to System Definition > Number maintenance.
- Create a custom watermark to change the watermark of an incident to MSGTEST:
- In the Prefix column, find and click MSG.
- Change the Prefix to MSGTEST.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Incident > Create New.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Click Submit.
- Find a email sent with the new watermark (for example, MSGTEST00001).
The information in Next steps after enabling email may be helpful.
- Create a new email in Outlook:
- Subject: a new email with watermark
- Content: adbdadf
- Ref: MSGTEST00001
- Send the email back to the instance.
Note that the replied email is classified as "new" and the watermark MSGTEST is not recognized. The replied email should be classified as a "reply" and should recognize the custom watermark.
Add a new system property named glide.email.prior_watermark_prefix. Set the value to the new custom watermark.
Related Problem: PRB667700