Attachments on tables with encrypted attachments are corrupt when they are downloaded, which affects certain Microsoft Office documents.
Steps to Reproduce
- Download the attached Test File.xls file.
Because not all files reproduce the error, use the attached file for reproduction purposes.
- Create an Edge Encryption Configuration on a table, for example Incident, specifying Type = Attachment so that attachments made to records in the specified table are encrypted.
- Via the proxy, upload Test File.xls to any incident record, then update the incident.
- Via the proxy, open the incident and download the attachment.
- Try to open the downloaded file in Excel.
An error message displays and indicates that the downloaded version of the attachment is corrupt and cannot be opened or repaired.
Use one of the following workarounds:
For existing files, change the content type of the files in the sys_attachment table to application/octet-stream helps to open the files.
For attaching files in the future, write a business rule to convert the content type to application/octet-stream on insert into the sys_attachment table resolves this issue. For example:
- Name: Change file content type
- Table: Attachment [sys_attachment] (note that this must be the sys_attachment table)
- Active: Checked
- When to run: Check Insert
- Actions > Set field values > Content Type To application/octet-stream
Upload XLXS files in zipped format.
Related Problem: PRB679486