If content-type is application/json, and there is a field (String) with empty values in the request body, the response comes back with a blank value but for content-type application/xml, the response comes back incorrectly with a value=true.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open Rest Explorer and select Create a record (POST).
For more information, see the documentation topic Getting started with REST API.
- Select a suitable import set table that has a target table in transform map.
- Set the Request and Response format as application/xml.
- Select any number of fields builder, but keep one or two fields blank.
- Send the request.
- Check the import set table entry.
The fields containing blank values are populated with true.
Use one of the following workarounds:
- Omit the value from the request body
- Set the value to NULL, must be in uppercase
- Use application/json
Related Problem: PRB810678