In Service Catalog, if a variable set has Visible set to false, the UI policy does not hide the element and it displays as an empty space between the fields.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to
- Create a variable set with two single-line variables
- For more information, see the product documentation topic Create a variable set
- Set Order to Variables with two consecutive numbers
- Create a Catalog UI policy that applies to the variable set
- Within the Catalog UI policy actions, add the two variables and set Visible to false
- Add the variable set to a Catalog Item
- Set the Order number to place the variable set between the two existing fields
- Click Try it
Note that there is an extra space between the fields. Right-click in that area and select Inspect the element. Note that the element is technically still there even though Visible is set to False in the UI policy.
The Fixed In field indicates the versions that have a permanent fix.
Note the following details:
Geneva Patch 8 contains the fix for all variables except Macro and Macro with label. Macro and Macro with label variables have been fixed in Geneva Patch 11. The complete fix is available in Helsinki Patch 1 onward.
Related Problem: PRB665752