Upon upgrade, the following takes place:
- Current syslog_transactionX tables are renamed to syslog_trans_prefujiX
- New/empty syslog_transaction tables are created, saving hours on an upgrade as new columns were added to syslog_transaction.
The data in syslog_trans_prefujiX is never added back into syslog_transaction, so from a user interface perspective, the data appears to be missing.
Steps to Reproduce
- Perform one of the following:
- From a pre-Fuji instance, upgrade to Fuji
- From a pre-Geneva instance, upgrade to Geneva
- After the upgrade is finished, navigate to System Logs > Transactions.
- Add a filter to show [Created] [on] [day before the upgrade ran].
- Click Run.
Note that there are no records.
- Perform one of the following to reach the corresponding shard:
- For upgrades to Fuji, navigate to syslog_trans_prefujiX
- For upgrades to Geneva, navigate to syslog_trans_pregenevaX
Note that the records are present.
In order to view the missing transaction log data, access the temporary tables used during the upgrade.
For upgrades to Fuji:
For example, demonightlyupgrade.service-now.com/syslog_trans_prefuji0000_list.do
For upgrades to Geneva:
For example, demonightlyupgrade.service-now.com/syslog_trans_pregeneva0000_list.do
Note: The syslog_trans_pregenevaX shard corresponds to the date/time specified in the sys_table_rotation_schedule record for syslog_transaction.
Related Problem: PRB674002