Upon upgradeto Helsinki or Geneva, the following takes place:
- Current syslog_transactionX tables are renamed to syslog_trans_pregenevaX
- New/empty syslog_transaction tables are created, saving hours on an upgrade as new columns were added to syslog_transaction.
The data in syslog_trans_pregenevaX is never added back into syslog_transaction, so from a user interface perspective, the data appears to be missing.
Steps to Reproduce
- Perform one of the following:
- From a pre-Fuji instance, upgrade to Fuji
- From a pre-Geneva instance, upgrade to Geneva
- After the upgrade is finished, navigate to System Logs > Transactions.
- Add a filter to show [Created] [on] [day before the upgrade ran].
- Click Run.
Note that there are no records.
- Perform one of the following to reach the corresponding shard:
- For upgrades to Fuji, navigate to syslog_trans_prefujiX
- For upgrades to Geneva, navigate to syslog_trans_pregenevaX
Note that the records are present.
This is expected behaviour. Inserting the data back into the syslog_transaction tables would cause the upgrade to run for an excessive amount of time. In order to view the missing transaction log data, access the temporary tables used during the upgrade, for example:
Note: The syslog_trans_pregenevaX shard corresponds to the date/time specified in the sys_table_rotation_schedule record for syslog_transaction.
Related Problem: PRB674002