Steps to Reproduce
The problem appears when opening one of the following pages takes a long time to load (longer than one minute), and when clicking the services tree component on the top navigation bar does not open it.
Affected pages are:
- Service mapping > Business service topology map
- Service mapping > Technical business service table view.
- Event Management > Dashboard
- Event Management > Manual service map
- Event Management > Alerts console
The problem reproduces when the total count of displayed objects exceeds the critical amount.
Services Tree displays and counts objects of following types:
- Discovered business service (service mapping)
- Service group (service mapping) – Note that when a service defined under multiple service groups, it is counted multiple times
- Technical business service (service mapping)
- Manual business service (event management)
- Alert group (event management)
The upper limit on amount of counted objects differs between releases:
- For Geneva release,the limit is below 1000.
- For Helsinki release, the limit is around 5000.
- For Istanbul release, the upper limit is 7000.
The only known workaround is to apply a local change on service maps processor that will block the services tree. Contact Customer Support for assistance.
Related Problem: PRB726388