The On-call: Assign workflow activity is passing a sys id, but GlideScriptableObject.argString() is taking it as a long, not as a String. Notifications are not sent.
Steps to Reproduce
- Ensure that the On-call Scheduling and Notify plugins are activated.
- Navigate to On-Call Scheduling > Escalation > Trigger Rules.
- Open any of the demo data trigger rules.
- Note the conditions.
- Navigate to Incident > Create New.
- Ensure that the Assignment group field is empty.
- Ensure that the conditions stated in the trigger rule from step 3 are fulfilled to assign the corresponding group.
- Click Submit.
Note that the notification fails to send due to error on workflow context. (The logs will show the error.) The notification should be sent out to the assigned rota group members.
Update the workflow activity.
- Navigate to https://<your_instance_name>/sys_variable_value.do?sys_id=b63b24529f031100d8f8700c267fcf14.
- Find the line that reads:
- Change that line to:
rota.who(workflow.inputs.assignment_group + '');
This change ensures that the API takes a string value, rather than a long.
Related Problem: PRB666264