Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to System Definition > Dictionary.
- Click New.
- Create a new calculated field dictionary entry on the incident table:
- In Table, select Incident [incident]
- In Type, select an option such as Date/Time
- In Column label, type some label text
- In Related Links, click Advanced view.
- In Calculated Value, select the Calculated option.
- In the Calculation text box, enter current.comments.getJournalEntry(-1);.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to System Definition > Tables.
- Search for and open the record for the Incident table.
- Ensure that the Comments field on the Incident table is Journal Input type.
- Navigate to Incidents > Open.
- Open an incident record.
- Add a comment.
This triggers the incident commented notification.
- From the notification you receive, create a reply email.
- Add an attachment to the reply email in your email client.
- Send the reply to the instance.
Note that the email attachment is not transferred to the target incident record.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, check the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB645083