If an order guide that has a variable set attached directly to it is configured to cascade variables, and that variable set has containers, the memory usage of the browser climbs drastically when that order guide is displayed in the portal.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create an order guide, making sure to select the Cascade variables option.
- Attach any normal item to that order guide (for example, access) via the rules. There are no conditions necessary.
- Create a variable set with containers (start/split/end) and attach them to the order guide directly.
- View the order guide in the portal. Note the drastic increase in memory consumption. (This is even more pronounced in IE.)
- Remove the variable set from the order guide and view it again. Note that there is no longer a drastic increase in memory consumption.
- Add the variable set back on, but this time uncheck the Cascade variables box.
- View the order guide again and note that there is no drastic increase in memory consumption.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, check the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB720717