Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog Definitions > Record Producers.
- Open any record producer record, for example, Create Incident.
- In the Variables tab or section, open the Please describe your issue below variable.
Note that the Map to field option and the Field field are available.
- Go back to the record producer form.
- In the Variable sets tab or section, open the common_comments variable set.
- In the Variables tab or section, click New.
Note that the Map to field option and the Field field are not available.
The system is functioning as designed. A variable set can be attached to any record producer that creates records in any table, so mapping a variable in a variable set to a specific field is not possible. The mapping that takes place between a variable and a field in a table takes place if the variable name matches a field name in the table.
Related Problem: PRB705337