When creating or editing a report, dot walking into fields in the cmdb_ci table produces long waits and, at times, browser errors.
In addition to the versions listed in the Seen in and Fixed In sections below, this issue occurs in Istanbul and is fixed in Istanbul Patch 1.
Steps to Reproduce
Perform the following steps using the Chrome browser.
- In the Application Navigator, type sys_properties.list in the Filter navigator text box and press enter or return on your keyboard.
- Find and open the record for the property named glide.ui.list.allow_extended_fields.
- Set the Value to true.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Reports > Create New.
- Set the Table to CI Relationship (cmdb_rel_ci).
- In the Available column, click Parent [+].
- Click the + button between the columns (slushbuckets) to expand the column and view dot-walked fields.
A Chrome browser error appears asking you to 'kill' or 'wait' for the transaction to complete. If you wait, the fields become visible for editing.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB710758