Creating a project from a template does not trigger the 'pm_project.inserted' event, causing any configured email notifications not to be generated.
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to Project > Templates
- Create a new template "Test" and Description "<Project>"
- Create a New Project.
- Configure Notifications
- Create a new Email Notification by clicking the "Advanced view" related link.
- Send When - "Event is fired"
- Event name - pm_project.inserted
- Create a new Project "Project 1"
- Create a new Project "Project 2" using the template option.
- (use the link "To create project from a template click here")
- Go to System Policy > Event Log
Notice the pm_project.inserted event is generated only for "Project1", not "Project2". Projects created via the template option "To create project from a template click here" do not generate notifications.
This problem is under review and targeted to be fixed in a future release. To receive notifications when more information becomes available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form.
Related Problem: PRB680899