When creating a Connect conversation from a Visual Task Board (VTB), members are supposed to be synchronized between the conversation and the board. Any board member can add other members from the VTB interface, so it should be possible to do the same from the Connect conversation. However, when trying to add a member to the conversation, the following error message appears if the user being added does not have the admin role: "Unable to add <user name> to group: User can not access this conversation's record." The error occurs with all board types.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Visual Task Board.
- Add at least one board member.
- In the VTB header, click the Connect with Board Members icon to create a conversation.
- In the Connect window that appears, click the Add User icon and select a user that does not have the admin role.
Note that an error message is displayed at the top of the screen and the user is not added to the conversation or to the visual task board members list.
- Click the Add User icon again and select a user that does have the admin role.
Note that the user is added to the conversation and to the visual task board members list.
Manage board membership from within the VTB Member Management Tab instead of the Connect Member Management Tab.
Related Problem: PRB716298