If the auto-numbering maxes out for both Catalog Task and TASK table, it can cause number duplication to occur. If a user has the number field set to unique, this can cause a duplication error message.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue is not reproducible on demand, since the numbering of each TASK and Catalog Task table depends on how many records the users create on this table.
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog.
- Click Hardware.
- Click Apple iPhone 5.
- Click Order Now.
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Open Records > Items.
- In the Number column, click the RITM number for the Apple iPhone 5 order.
Note that an error message is displayed.
- In the Application Navigator, type sys_number_list.do in the Filter navigator text field and press enter or return on your keyboard.
- Search for and open the record named Catalog Task.
- Change the prefix from TASK to SCTASK.
Related Problem: PRB657894