The issue occurs in Service Portal and HR Service Portal. When trying to add an attachment to HR Case or any form on Service Portal, if the file is larger than 25mb, the upload does not work or even start. However, for smaller-sized attachments, the upload works correctly. When the issue occurs, no message is displayed explaining the limitation.
Note that outside the Service Portal, it is possible to upload an attachment of any size (default 1024mb) in HR Case form.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to System Definition > Plugins.
- Find and open the record for Human Resources Application: Service Portal.
- Under Related Links, click Activate/Upgrade.
- Click Activate.
- When the activation process is complete, click View Plugin List.
- Navigate to HR - Case Management > HR Service Portal.
- Under Browse HR Service Catalog, click General Inquiries.
- Click General Inquiries.
- In What is your question, type some text.
- Add an attachment larger than 25mb.
Note that no file is uploaded and no error message is displayed.
There is no known workaround for this issue. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB719044