On instances using the Oracle database, Service Portal widgets with server scripts, templates, CSS files, and client scripts including more than 4000 characters are are trimmed out. This prevents widget editing and Service Portal configuration from working properly.
Steps to Reproduce
- Provision an Oracle instance in the Helsinki release.
- Navigate to System Definition > Plugins.
- Find and open the record for Service Portal for Enterprise Service Management plugin.
- Under Related Links, click Activate/Upgrade.
- Click Upgrade.
- Click View Plugin List.
- Navigate to Service Portal > Widgets.
- Check widgets with name form and Portal config.
Note the template, client script, and/or server script is cut off after 4000 characters.
Modify the dictionary entries and change the max length. You can modify dictionary entries using two methods:
- Change the max_length of the dictionary entries for the following:
- template: 8000
- script: 10000
- client_script: 8000
- In the Filter navigator text box in the Application Navigator, type sys_plugins.list and press the enter or return key on your keyboard.
- Look at the Install date column. (You may need to configure the list and add the Install date column.)
- Upgrade *in order* the Service Portal plugins activated in the instance. Relevant plugins to upgrade include the following:
Related Problem: PRB681368