When trying to change the planned start date for the project task before the planned start date of a pending project, the following error message is no longer displayed: "The task start date cannot be earlier than the project start date."
Steps to Reproduce
- Activate the Project Management v3 plugin with demo data.
- Navigate to Projects > All and open any project, e.g. Network Router Upgrade (PRJ0011007 (NRU)).
- Check the project's planned start date and confirm that the state is Pending.
- Scroll to the Project tasks related list and select any project task, e.g. Design optimal upgrade plan (PRJTASK0011754 (NRU)).
- Set the time constraint as Start on specific date.
- Change the planned start date before the project start date, e.g. 2014-11-30 08:00:00.
Expected result: The system should throw the error message "The task start date cannot be earlier than the project start date."
Actual result: The error message is no longer displayed.
Note: Even though the error message is not shown, project dates are not modified so the project data integrity is preserved.
There is no known workaround for this issue. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB665887