At times, the security_admin role is lost immediately after elevating privileges using the 'Elevate Privilege' popup dialog.
This issue happens inconsistently and hard to reproduce.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in as a user with the security_admin role.
- In the upper right, click the arrow next to the user name and select Elevate Roles.
- Select the security_admin option..
- Click OK.
- Perform steps 2-4 above from any existing ACL form record.
Note that the security_admin role is elevated that one time. The Elevate Privilege popup, however, still shows the security_admin role as cleared.
- Move away from the ACL form record, for example, go to ACL list.
Note that the security_admin role is immediately revoked. Verify by checking that the New button is absent in the ACL list.
There are two workaround options:
- Click on the padlock one more time and re-elevate again
- Switch to UI16
Related Problem: PRB632217