In a new portal, the search function in the search results page redirects to the base system portal even though the content types have been set.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Content Management > Sites.
- Open the Employee Self-Service portal.
- Click Copy.
- Type MYPORTAL_TEST as the name for the copied portal.
- Navigate to Content Management > Configuration > Content Types.
Note the new content types created for the new portal (in Content Site column, find the rows for MYPORTAL_TEST).
- Navigate to the MYPORTAL_TEST portal by typing https://<yourinstancename>.service-now.com/MYPORTAL_TEST/ in your browser address bar.
- In the text search (top right), type some text and press enter or return on your keyboard.
Note that the URL in the browser address bar is correct (it contains MYPORTAL_TEST).
- Locate the search text area at the top of the search results.
- Type some text into the text box at the top of the search results and press enter or return on your keyboard.
- Check your browser address bar.
Noticee you are redirected to the ess portal page instead of remaining in the MYPORTAL_TEST portal page.
This is expected behaviour in all current versions.
A workaround consists in the following:
1 - Open the Configuration Page settings:
Content Management -> Configuration -> Configuration Page
(or type content_config.list and then open the record named 'configuration')
2 - Notice that the 'Search page' field is set to the OOB page.
3 - Update this field with the wanted portal page, or your custom search page.
Related Problem: PRB649261