If HR demo data is customized or categories deactivated in base system content, the content might revert to the base system defaults after upgrading.
Steps to Reproduce
- Modify the base system content in one of the following categories, or deactivate the data:
- HR Categories
- Workday scheduled job
- HR Case and Task templates
- Document templates
- HR skills
- Connect action
- Chat queue
- HR Portal preferences
- HR groups
- Upgrade the instance.
Note that the records have reverted back to the base system default data values.
To determine if you are affected by this issue, check the following:
- The instance is using Geneva Patch 9 (or earlier) or Helsinki Patch 5 (or earlier).
- There are customizations to base system content in the categories listed in the Steps to Reproduce section above.
If you are running Geneva and are affected, use one of the following workarounds:
- Manually modify data after upgrade back to desired state.
- Do not request an upgrade of Geneva patches prior to Geneva Patch 10.
- Request an upgrade of environment to Geneva Patch 10, in which this issue is fixed.
- Request an upgrade prior to Quarterly Patching (QPP) timelines or request a delay in accepted Quarterly Patch until on Geneva Patch 10.
If you are running Helsinki and are affected, use one of the following workarounds:
- Manually restore the changes to the default data after the upgrade.
- Do not request an upgrade of Helsinki patches prior to Helsinki Patch 6.
- Request an upgrade of your environment to Helsinki Patch 6, where this issue has been fixed.
- Request an upgrade prior to Quarterly Patching (QPP) timelines or request a delay in accepted Quarterly Patch until on Helsinki Patch 6.
For specific concerns or questions, Contact Support.
Related Problem: PRB706117