OOB audio files are not audible on the Connect chat.
Steps to Reproduce
- Login as System Administrator on a demo Geneva instance.
- Activate the plugins 'Connect' and 'Database Storage for Audio Files'
- Login as Abel Tutor or another user in a different browser session.
- Make sure both users have the Connect Desktop Notifications enabled from the settings cogwheel.
- Click on the Toggle Connect Sidebar in both user sessions, and exchange messages.
Observe the following:
- No alert sound is ever played. When off focus in another tab, only the flashing tab notification is visible.
- The OOB audio files installed are:
- Test play the 'button_toggle_on.mp3' file on the browser:
Observe Firefox only plays the first time the record is loaded, and will not play again unless the form is refreshed and reloaded. Chrome plays an incomplete/clipped sound.
This is expected behavior, the audio notifications feature is not available in Connect in Geneva. This functionality was released later in Helsinki.
Related Problem: PRB697418