Knowledge base nested categories (subcategories) are not displayed in Service Portal.
Steps to Reproduce
- From the Service Portal homepage, click Knowledge Base.
- Click Applications.
Note that nested categories (subcategories) in Knowledge Base are not displayed in Service Portal.
- Navigate to the instance Self Service > Knowledge > It > Applications.
Note that nested categories (subcategories) in Knowledge Base are displayed when navigating through Self-Service.
- Download the custom widget "KB Categories Multi Level" from the the SN share site:
2. Navigate to widget list by searching "widget" in application navigator.
3. Right click the context menu next to the Name.
4. Import XML and Import the custom widget.
5. Navigate to the knowledge page design:
6. Remove the OOB KB Categories widget.
7. Drag the "KB Categories Multi Level" to the same spot
Please keep in mind that custom widgets from https://share.servicenow.com are not supported by ServiceNow:
"Content is not supported by ServiceNow, the provider or the provider's company. Documentation, comments and discussions on the ServiceNow community site provide enablement and assistance."
Related Problem: PRB714492