Completing tasks in a requested item no longer changes the state to Completed; the request record remains in Open state. Also, all tasks are displaying in Stage column of Requested Item related lists.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog.
- Order an item or items from the catalog that require approval.
- Click the Request Number at the top of the record.
- Request approval.
- Approve the request.
- Navigate to Self-Service > My Requests.
- Open the record you created in step 2.
- Click the Request Number.
- Close all the catalog tasks one at a time, in order.
The RITM changes to Closed state, but the Request stage and Request state do not change to Closed Complete. The RITM should move to Closed state, the associated Request to Closed state, and the Request stage to Closed Complete.
Create a business rule to set the Requested Item stage to Completed when its state changes to one of the closed states. This action sets the Request state and Request stage to Closed Completed.
- Navigate to System Definition > Business Rules.
- Click New.
- Type in a Name.
- In Table, select Requested Item [sc_req_item].
- In the When to run tab/section, specify:
[State][changes to] [Closed Complete] OR
[State] [changes to] [Closed Incomplete] OR
[State] [changes to] [Closed Skipped]
- Select the Update option.
- In the Actions tab/section, specify Set field values as:
[Stage] [to] [Completed]
- Click Submit.
Related Problem: PRB692278