Connect conversation shakes just when scrollbar is introduced in full view. When the scrollbar shakes we send a large volume GET requests: "/api/now/connect/conversations/*/messages/history/*". These request flood the default semaphore queue and cause the max number in the queue to be reached (150). The end user experiences 429 errors as there are too many requests currently in the queue.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open Connect in full view by clicking the double square icon in the bottom left corner of the Connect sidebar.
- Start a conversation.
- Ensure that the conversation is long enough to reach the point JUST when the scrollbar is introduced.
- Scroll up in the chat window.
Note that the view starts shaking.
- Open your console.
- Go to the network tab.
Note that wile the view is shaking, there are GET requests being made for /api/now/connect/conversations/*/messages/history/*.
To provide relief:
Restart the affected node(s). This ends the user session flooding the node with '/api/now/connect/conversations/*/messages/history/*' requests.
To prevent the issue, import a UI Macro:
- Go to the UI Macro list view:
- Right-click on the header column (for example, on the Name header) and choose Import XML.
- Import the file named sys_ui_macro_4658de97c33122003b935ad551d3aeea.xml that is attached to this problem.
Related Problem: PRB678868