Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog Definitions > Maintain Items.
- In the Name column, click Apple iPhone 5.
- Go to the Variables section or tab.
- Add write role of 'admin' to the storage and color variables.
You may need to configure the form and add the Write roles option to the form.
- Go to the Catalog UI Policies section or tab.
- Click New.
- Create a Catalog UI policy with the condition [Storage] [is] [64GB].
- In the Catalog UI Policy Actions section, click New.
- In Variable name, select color
- In Visible, select False
- Click Submit
- Click Submit.
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog > Hardware > Apple iPhone 5.
- Click Apple iPhone 5.
- Click Order Now.
- Impersonate a non-admin ITIL user.
- View the request item from step 12.
The variable is visible and formatted oddly. If the write roles are removed from the variables used in the Catalog UI policy, it works as expected.
There is no known workaround for this issue. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB668721