Drilling down into a pivot report opens the detailed data in the same window. The record details should appear in a new window when the property "Opens drill down information in a new window or tab when user clicks a chart item, if selected" is selected.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Reports > Administration > Properties.
- Select Opens drill down information in a new window or tab when user clicks a chart item, if selected.
- Create a pivot report on any table.
- Drill down into the record details.
Note that it opens in the current window.
This issue is fixed since Geneva by using the new multi-pivot visualization. No patching or new features will be provided for the legacy pivot table, which is deprecated. So a workaround can be one of the following:
- Use a multiple pivot table with one row and column each
- Use a keyboard shortcut to open the link in a new window or tab
Related Problem: PRB673317