Variables section is cut off on request Item page, and the HTML text field is not shown if the item has an HTML type variable.
Steps to Reproduce
Log in to a local instance as an admin.
Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog Definitions > Maintain Items.
Create a new item, right-click in the header to choose Configure > Form Layout, and add some variables of different types (for example, Multiple choice, Check box, and so on).
Add a variable of type HTML and click Save.
Order the item, and access the Request Number on Order Status page.
Click the Request Item number and verify the variables section.
For additional testing, try the following scenario:
Open the Request Item page and open the request using TryIt page.
Right-click in the header and choose Configure > Form Layout.
In the slushbucket, move the VI editor from the selected to the available list and and from the available to the selected list. Note the result each time when you change the VI editor position.
The variable section is cut off, and the HTML variable name appears but not the related text field.
The issue has been fixed in Istanbul.
On earlier releases, the following workaround can resolve the wrong formatter:
- Navigate to System UI >Formatters
- Search for Variable Editor in the UI Formatters list and click it
- Change the Formatter value to "com_glideapp_servicecatalog_veditor"
- Change the Type to Formatter
- Click Update
- Right-click in the Request Item form, choose Configure > Form Layout and move the Variable Editor from selected to available
- Re-open the form layout and move the Variable Editor from available to selected
Related Problem: PRB668537