Line breaks in string type description field do not appear in UI16.
Steps to Reproduce
The following steps use the incident activity formatter as an example.
- Open an instance and ensure that you are using UI16.
- Navigate to Incident > All.
- Open an incident record.
- Click the menu icon and select Configure > Form Layout.
- Add the Description field.
- Do one of the following to configure the activity formatter and include the Description field:
- Update the glide.ui.incident_activity.fields system property
- Customize the fields on the activity formatter
- Open a saved incident record.
- Add the following text to the Description field:
'All work and no play make\n\n'
'Jack a dull boy\n\n'
- Save the record.
Note that the text you added in step 8 is presented in a single line in the activity formatter.
- Switch the user interface from UI16 to UI15.
- Open the record from step 7.
Note that the text added in step 8 is displayed on two separate lines.
Create a custom field that is Journal type in place of the base system Description field that is String type.
Related Problem: PRB668424