Export to Excel fails if there are more than 32,000 rows when exporting to XLS or with hundreds of rows when exporting to XLSX, and one of the columns is of type currency.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to a list containing more than 32000 rows.
- Ensure that a Currency field is in the list.
- Right click on the header and select Export > Excel (.xlsx).
The export fails.
If exporting more than 32000 records to XLS there are two possible workarounds:
- Reduce the number of rows to export
- Export to CSV and then convert to Excel
If exporting fewer than 32000 records to XSLX in Helsinki, export to XLS instead. To use XLS export, set the system property glide.legacy.excel.export to true.
In UI16, additional steps are required to make the UI Context for XLS appear in the list:
- Navigate to System UI > UI Context Menus.
- Open the Excel (.xlsx) record.
- Clear the Active check box.
Note: If you are using List v3, XLS export cannot be enabled. Instead, export to CSV.
Related Problem: PRB674142