Requesting a WSDL in a browser can cause the instance to run out of memory when the property glide.web_service.hierarchical is set to true and glide.wsdl.maximum_hierarchy is a high value (greater than 3).
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a custom application with a large parent table that extends task and has several references.
- One of the references should be to a child table of the parent table
- The referenced tables should have references to other tables within the application as well
- The total number of tables referencing each other is at about 20
- Set the property glide.web_service.hierarchical to true.
- Try to generate the WSDL through https://<instance>/<customtable>.do?WSDL
- Turn off glide.web_service.hierarchical.
The issue stops when glide.web_service.hierarchical is turned off.
Set the the property glide.wsdl.maximum_hierarchy to a small value, such as 3.
Related Problem: PRB665094