The approval summarizer for knowledge on the sysapproval_approver form breaks when the activity formatter is placed on the knowledge form.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to a base system Geneva instance as an administrator.
- Navigate to a knowledge base article page, either opening an existing one, or creating a new one, for example:
- Right-click in the header bar and select Configure > Form Layout.
- In the Available column, select Activities (filtered) and move it to the Selected column.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Knowledge > All.
- Open an existing KB article with an approval record attached.
Consider filtering the list for active, published articles in a knowledge base that requires at least one level of approval.
- View the approval record.
- If the approval summarizer is not on the form, repeat step 3 to configure the form and add it.
Observe the incorrect rendering:
This problem has been resolved in the Istanbul release.
The workaround that can be applied is to remove the wiki field from the [kb_knowledge] form layout, or to drag the field at the very bottom of the form.
Related Problem: PRB651149