For example, suppose an instance administrator accidentally hits the Delete function while on the task table. The task table is deleted or columns drop all the data within the columns and all extended child tables.
Affected Express Instances:
- Fuji versions earlier than Fuji Patch 4 Hotfix 6
Affected Enterprise Instances:
- Any version that was converted from Express before Fuji Patch 4 Hotfix 6
Steps to Reproduce
Log in as an Administrator on an Express instance or a sub-production Enterprise instance converted from an Express instance that was on Fuji versions prior to Fuji Patch 4 Hotfix 6 at the time of conversion.
Navigate to System Definition > Dictionary.
- Table = Task
- Type = Collection
Click to open the record.
Note the Delete Table button on the dictionary entry form but do not click it.
The Delete Table button can be used to delete the instance critical table but it should not be available on any base system table, only on custom customer tables.
Upgrade to at least Fuji Patch 4 Hotfix 6 or a later release.
- Do one of the following:
- Go to sys_security_acl list view.
- Click Access Control (ACL) in the navigation bar.
- Filter for sys_id = 739a02cf0a0a0b180173dee0423966b8.
This ACL on the sys_dictionary table on a delete operation allows access only on the admin role.
- Activate the ACL by checking Active.
- Click Update.
Related Problem: PRB641815