When the I18N language plugins are active and the Password Reset plugin is active, the module is usable only in English. Verification questions, hints on questions in the password reset process, and other text such as Tooltip hover text and warning messages are not translated into the active language selected.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log into a Fuji instance as administrator.
- Enable the Password Reset plugin with demo data.
- Enable one language internationalization plugin (e.g. French).
- Navigate to Password Reset > Processes and activate one of the demo processes, making sure to assign at least one user group.
- Impersonate one of the users belonging to the group you assigned.
- Navigate to Password Reset > Enrollment.
- Select one existing entry for Question 1.
- Leave Answer 1 empty and hover the mouse cursor over its blank text box. The warning hint "Please fill out this field" is displayed.
- Click the gear icon and change the Language value in the General settings to the installed language (e.g. French).
- Select an entry for Question 1. Notice all questions are in English.
- Leave Answer 1 empty and hover the mouse cursor over its blank text box.
Notice that the mouseover hint is in English.
To display the translated messages for the question list:
Navigate to System Definition > Tables
- Open the Password Reset Question [pwd_question] table record.
In the Tables Columns list, drill down to Security Question.
Change the Type value from String to Translated Text and click the Update button.
Click the gear icon to switch to the desired system language in the instance settings.
Go to https://<instance name>/pwd_question_list.do and provide the translated text in the field Security question in the desired language text. (The field title will show as translated text, for example, Question de sécurité in French, or Beveiligingsvraag in Dutch.)
Select the question entry by clicking on the underlined original English text.
Replace the English text with the desired translation.
Save the record and verify that the translated question text shows in the table.
Repeat this process for every question.
After you finish providing the translated text for all of the questions, the questions in the Security question field should now display in the correct translated text that matches the selected language.
Related Problem: PRB659009