A design change in Fuji and Geneva prevented Multi Line Text text field variables from expanding the width of the form. This change from the previous behaviour (see screenshots) can cause issues for customers who created their variable layouts expecting the old design.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Maintain Items.
- Select the desired catalog item.
- In the Variables related list, click New.
- Add a container and in the Type Specifications tab, specify a Layout of 2 Columns Wide, alternating sides.
- Add two variables of any type to the container.
- Add a Multi Line Text variable as the third item in the container.
- Click Submit.
When you access the item, note that the text box is only 50% wide.
The same problem occurs with the Macro and Macro with Label variables.
This issue is fixed since Geneva Patch 6 by the new system property glide.sc.small_multi_text. This enables the Multi Line Text field to display at 50% width.
Related Problem: PRB665295