- The "After the form loads" option is loading the related lists. This is not desired behavior. Ideally the page should recognize it is a new record and therefore related lists are not appropriate.
- The "On Demand" option shows a button to load related lists. Ideally the button should not show for new incidents.
Having the related lists showing on new records is a risk as users may:
- lose unsaved information on the parent ticket when trying to add a relationship
- be able to create orphan relationships
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to an instance.
- Click the gear icon (top right corner of the user interface).
- Change the Related List Loading option to After Form Loads.
- Navigate to Change > Open.
- Open a change record.
- In the Change Tasks tab or section, click New.
Observe that related lists appear even though the new task form has just been opened and the task has not been saved.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem please contact ServiceNow Customer Support.
Related Problem: PRB636822