Template definitions for Record Producers blank out after an update.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to an instance with base system Geneva Express installed.
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog Definitions > Record Producers.
- Open Create Incident.
- Go to the Generated Record Data tab or section.
- In the Template field, check that Create Incident is listed.
- Just to the right of the Template field, click the info icon.
- Select the Active option (if it is not already selected).
- Click Update.
- Go to the What it will contain tab or section.
- Update the Short Description field with additional text.
- Go to the Generated record data tab or section.
- Just to the right of the Template field, click the info icon to open the Create Incident template record.
Note that the template field that was previously set has been overwritten and is now gone.
Applicable workarounds are the following:
- Clear the instance cache (/cache.do) before opening a record producer
- Do not use the Copy button or the Try it button for a record producer
Related Problem: PRB662526