Links inserted in HTML fields are not clickable in either Internet Explorer or Chrome.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Problem > Create New.
- Right-click the header and select Configure > Form Layout.
- Add an HTML field to the form:
- Under Create new field, provide a name for the field.
- For Type, choose HTML from the drop-down list.
- Click Add to add the field.
- Click Save to save the new layout.
- Click Close in the confirmation dialog box.
- In the problem form, navigate to the new HTML field and type some text including the word Google.
- Create a link.
- Type some text and include the word Google.
- Highlight the word Google and click the Insert/Modify link icon in the HTML toolbar.
- For the URL, type http://www.google.com and for the Type, select New window (_blank) from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
The link is not clickable in either Internet Explorer or Chrome.
This is a browser issue found on older versions of Chrome (37) and IE (40). It has been resolved on later an current versions of Chrome (i.e. 59), but can still occur on current IE11 versions.
- Add the https: in front of the URL
- Right-click to open the link in a new window or tab
Related Problem: PRB653552