Steps to Reproduce
In a Eureka or Fuji instance as admin:
- Install a language plugin other than English (e.g. French).
- Create a new survey (e.g. set up metric type, category, and questions).
- Change the session language to French.
- Update metric type name description in French.
- Similarly, update the category name description in French.
- Update questions in French.
- Change the session language to English.
- Verify that the metric type, category names, and descriptions appear in English and the questions appear in French.
The question in metric is not translatable. The expected behavior is that all survey questions are translated.
In Geneva and earlier releases, the metric question and question choices use messages for translation. Messages can be defined for the question value in base language as a key.
These would not appear as translated on the survey admin UI, but would appear as translated on the take survey ui as per users language.
If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB653315