Configuring cmdb_ci list layout with extended fields freezes the browser for several seconds to a minute, making it impossible to select extended fields to add to the list.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to an instance with base system Geneva installed.
- Set the system property glide.ui.list.allow_extended_fields to true.
- Navigate to Assets > Portfolios > All Assets.
- Right-click on list header and configure list layout.
- Expand the Configuration Item extended fields on the available slushbucket.
Note the following:
- The page freezes for some time (observed between 20 seconds and 1 minute).
- The browser console shows several warnings in long sequence, possibly looping while retrieving extended field metadata:
*** WARNING *** GlideAjax.getXMLWait - synchronous function - processor: SysMeta
Getting fields for table cmdb_ci_...
- Clicking on the available extended fields to attempt to include them might freeze the browser again.
- When the page becomes usable again, the Available slushbucket might show several repeated duplicates of the extended fields. Hiding and showing again, the retrieved extended fields seems to remove the duplicates.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB665349