Unable to drag and drop to assign work order tasks in Visual Dispatch. The always fails using Internet Explorer 9, 10, or 11. It fails in Chrome if the browser settings are not set to 100% or Actual.
Also in Internet Explorer, hovering does not display the work order task details.
Steps to Reproduce
- Using Internet Explorer 9, 10, or 11, log in to an instance with the Fuji or Geneva release installed.
- Enable the Field Service Management and Field Service Management Demo Data plugins.
- Impersonate Luke Wilson.
This user is a dispatcher and has pending work order tasks to dispatch in the demo data.
- Navigate to My Dispatch Queue.
- Open any work order task.
For example, WOT0008104.
- Scroll down to the Visual Dispatch related link.
- Click on or hover over any work order task.
Note that no additional information is displayed.
- Attempt to drag the work order task to any available agent timeline.
The Visual Dispatch is no longer supported since Helsinki, as the functionality has been improved with the Central Dispatch.
The following workarounds can be tried:
- Maximize the browser zoom settings
- Point to a task to obtain more information
- Assign a work order task by dragging the task from the lower section of the screen to an empty slot in the timeline corresponding to an agent in the upper section of the screen
Note: A single agent cannot have multiple work order tasks scheduled to take place at the same time. A message appears if the selected agent does not have the skills specified for the task.
Related Problem: PRB657649