For example a String field has Max length of 200, but when using easy import, the staging table has the field set to 40 Max length, resulting in truncated data.
Steps to Reproduce
- Add a string field to the incident table with Max length set to 4000.
- Navigate to Incident > All.
- Add the new field as a column in the list.
- Access the context menu and select Import.
- Create the Excel template.
- Fill out 100 characters of data in the new field in the template.
- Import the modified template.
Observe that the string value is truncated to 40 characters.
Begin to import the data using Easy Import.
From the import preview view, access any record by clicking the row number.
From the record, right-click the form header and select Configure > Form Design.
Select the field you want to import text into, and adjust the Max length value to be greater than the default 40 characters.
Alternatively, you can delete the import staging table before importing. The staging table is then automatically created based on the data you are importing.
Related Problem: PRB663518