Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog Definition > Maintain Items.
- Open an existing record from the list.
- Right-click the form header and select Configure > Form Layout.
- Add the Delivery Time field to the top section of the form.
- Click Save.
- Make a note of the Delivery Time field.
- Create a UI Policy on the form to make the Delivery Time field read-only.
- Go back to the form and make a note of the Delivery Time field.
Note that the Days and Hours label is no longer displayed.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem please contact ServiceNow Technical Support.
You can work around the behavior by making it read-only using one of these two methods:
- Use a Data Policy and clear the Use as UI Policy on Client option so that the read-only behavior is evaluated on server-side (should you want to preserve the layout on the UI).
- Use an ACL to make the field read-only on the server and client. In the UI, duration fields will be rendered differently, for example:
Related Problem: PRB641547