Steps to Reproduce
- Create a business rule on Knowledge Feedback [kb_feedback] table that runs 'after.'
- Navigate to System Properties > All Properties.
- Check that glide.knowman.use_live_feed is set to true.
- Open a published KB article.
- Add a comment.
- Check in kb_feedback that the comment was added to the table. Note that the business rule is not triggered and any custom logic was not executed.
- Set glide.knowman.use_live_feed to false and save.
- In kb_view, add a comment to a KB article.
Note that in this case, the business rule is triggered and any custom logic was executed.
The glide.knowman.use_live_feed sets knowledge base comments to use live feed and the feedbackGr.setRunEngines to false. This has been done to avoid any logic that cause recurring records from being created. We are actively looking at an efficient way to allow the business rules to be executed without the potential recursive behavior.
Related Problem: PRB648795